Developing basic foresight capacities to inform applied foresight processes
Foresight Futures offers foresight courses for people who want to find out more about their innate foresight capacities and use their foresight to think in new ways about possible futures in the present.
The courses are hosted on Thinkific which allows you to sign up for the course, pay and then start the course immediately. There is also a discussion space for each lesson where you can ask questions or add comments about your course experience. You can work through the lessons at your own pace with an optional course completion certificate if you complete the course quiz.
Opening up our minds to possible futures and re-framing our understanding of the present leads to new thinking, new perspectives, and new actions today. Increasing our capacity for more expansive mindsets about futures is the aim of Foresight Futures Courses.
- Learn about foresight, our innate human capacity to imagine possible futures in the present. Surfacing your foresight capacity is the first step in expanding and deepening your thinking about futures. We start with thinking about how you think about futures, then move on to how to use your foresight capacities.
- The collections help you focus on thinking about futures in new, more expansive and deeper ways today by finding and using your foresight capacities. They explore both the thinking and doing of foresight.
- Learn new ways to think, value new perspectives and how to take new actions in the present. You will find your foresight capacity and know how to use it to engage with the complexity that shapes our futures today.
- The courses are affordable and self-paced, but you are not alone - you can ask questions and comment in each lesson or mail me at any time. And you will always have access to the course material for as long as it's online.
Why are my courses different compared to online courses?
- They are personal. I design them for the people taking them — people new to foresight. I am sharing my knowledge gathered in the field over more than 20 years so that learning about foresight is accessible. No regular time commitments, no residential, just a clear introduction to the basics of foresight.
- They integrate the thinking and doing of foresight explicitly — they are designed to help you find your foresight capacity first, and then apply your foresight to the design of foresight processes. A lot of other courses focus on the doing of foresight.
- I have reflective tasks that ask people to stop and think about the content - the tasks build on each other from lesson to lesson, each helping you to find and then apply your foresight capacities. Other courses focus on imagining futures or scenarios - which is not a problem - but my courses focus not on the outputs but on the nature of the thinking that goes into construction those outcomes.
Meet Maree Conway
With over 20 years of experience in Foresight and Futures, I focus now on providing resources to help people build their individual and collective foresight capacities so we can find a sustainable future for ourselves, our organisations and the planet. In my courses, I'll guide you through the steps you need to take to find and use your foresight in practice. Find out more about me and Foresight in the Present.
Super Effective Bite Sized Learning
The Basics of Foresight Part 1 is the finest primer for every aspiring leader who wishes to re-wire their thinking preferences. The worldview will not remain the same once you complete the sessions. I found the content really immersive.
Cool Teaching Platform
So glad Maree has made this available. I feel like she has democratised this field of knowledge. Please give us more.
Everyone Could Benefit
It's a wonderful intro into the world of Foresight. I believe everyone could benefit from participating in it.
Sensational Learning Offering
I have completed the Basics of Foresight course 😊 Thank you so much for this sensational learning offering – the timing, relevance and quality of the learning material is perfect for me. I have acquired the right amount of introductory knowledge in foresight, and I am beginning to use what I have learned into my role as we begin to explore futures thinking through scenario planning.
Rina Benedictos, People, Communication and Parliamentary Division, Australian Government Department of Health
Awesome course with a lot of organized knowledge
Maree's course is indeed and fair introduction to Foresight, but with a lot of additional knowledge in the form of links, videos, articles and so on. You'll have a solid understanding at the Foresight theories, and can dive deeper with the extra content!
Course Available Now
The Basics of Foresight: Finding and Using your Foresight
Learn about foresight, our innate human capacity to imagine possible futures in the present. Surfacing your foresight capacity is the first step in expanding and deepening your thinking about futures. We start with thinking about how you think about futures, then move on to how to use your foresight capacities.
Course Coming Soon
A Design Frame for Conversations about Futures
A course for people who want to design foresight processes that challenge the assumptions that shape how we think about futures, how culture can shape that thinking, our responses to change and how futures are embedded in organisations.
More information coming soon.